Sunday, August 12, 2007

Back in the Studio

Over the course of the last year or so my brothers (Alex and Chris) and I, along with our friend Curtis, had been playing music at our practice space a few times a month. While much of the time was spent just noodling around we did come away with 300 mp3s worth of practice jams, four finished tracks that we recorded in studio and some fun times.

When Chris left for New York these sessions fell by the wayside. Curtis, Alex and I have recently started up again and now have two sessions under our belt. Jak should be joining us next week and it will be cool to see how the four of us meld together musically.

These last two sessions have inspired me to put more time into my playing and I'm enjoying the guitar again. I know I have it bad as I can keep from looking at musiciansfriend.com for new gear, arrrr!

While I'm going to keep noodling, I am trying to add structure to my practice. I'm also continuing to record and make available online all of our jams, good and bad, and I may even take a crack at singing. Cover your ears and run while you still can!

2 comments:

GGustav said...

Hey paul, listened to a few tracks they sound cool, glad you guys are playing again.

If you have time you should go on the lookout for another Teacher just to keep the skizzles going. Finding a good teacher might be a challenge in itself.

FlexApr said...

300 mp3s?! Am I on these? Heheha. Where the fuck are they, epperz?

I'll find you a great jazz teacher if you want. Just say the word. Pete Magadini has a million connexion in the music biz! It helped me a ton & nothing compares to it. As your teacher can run a diagnostic test on ya', see where you are, & build on your foundation. take a lesson once a month & practice what he tells ya' too, poo! :)